Sunday, September 17 at 7 a.m.
South First and Illinois Streets, St. Charles, IL
- 2016 Marathon Course Map (Large file. Please be patient while it loads.) 2017 Course Map is COMING SOON!
- Pace Groups
Get ready for a gentle, fast, shady river course hard to match anywhere in the country.
Towns, bridges, waterfalls, parks, an authentic Dutch windmill, river paths, and lots of shade will help keep your mind fresh and your body cool as the miles roll by.
- Beautiful, fast, flat, shady course
- Convenient suburban Chicago location
- Top 25 Midwest Marathon (Chicago Athlete Magazine)
- Ideal for first time marathoners – 23% of finishers
- Top 30 US Boston Qualifier – 21% of finishers (Marathon Guide.com)
- Boston 2015 qualification
With a unique riverside finish, you’ll see and hear the excitement of the crowds for a last mile to remember forever.
“The course was great – so beautiful, shady and peaceful …” M.S. from Naperville, IL
(See runner Course comments)
First Time Marathoners
Aid Stations every mile, outstanding volunteer cheering and support, easy access for friends and family to cheer you on, and a comprehensive spectator guide with 9 viewpoints including expected runner arrival times make the Fox Valley Marathon perfect for first time marathoners. (See runner First Marathon comments).
Boston and PR Hopefuls
The 2015 Advocate Dreyer Fox Valley Marathon is once again one of your best chances to qualify for Boston 2016. See Boston Qualifying information.
See a list and locations of the “Top 30 Boston Qualifier Races in North America” by % of 2011 finishers qualifying (From MarathonGuide.com).
Not ready for a full marathon?
The Fall Final 20™ is the perfect step up from the half marathon.