CASA Kane County
2017 Fox Valley KIDS Marathon
A summer-long fitness program for kids ages 4-14.
Walk or run 1 mile on your own with adult supervision 25 times over the summer. Record your mileage and color in our mileage log sheets. Then, on Race Day, come pick up your race bib and race shirt, and run your final 1.2 miles with hundreds of other kids, and get your finish medal.
Final 1.2 Miles: Saturday, September 16, 2017.
2017 will be bigger and more FUN than ever!
Summer Long • Family Friendly Program • Final 1.2 “Marathon” Run with medal
The CASA Kane County Fox Valley KIDS’ Marathon:
- a family friendly, fun activity for kids between the ages of 4 and 13.
- a way for kids to get fit, achieve a goal and learn how much fun running can be.
- a way for kids to earn prizes throughout the summer.
- includes OPTIONAL Saturday morning “Fun Runs” with running games and activities.
- a summer of running that builds up to the celebratory final run on Sep 16, 2017 where the children will receive their own marathon medal and t-shirt….just like the adult marathoners.
- See our Kids Marathon Frequently Asked Questions page for complete information.
First St. and Illinois St., St. Charles
Packet Pickup – Friday & Saturday
- Pick up your official Race T‐Shirt and Bib Number
|Friday September 15
– 11:00 am – 6:00 pm
Saturday September 16
– 10:00 am – 1:30 pm
|Health and Fitness Expo
– Baker Community Center (MAP LINK)
– 101 S. Second Street
– St. Charles, IL 60174
| Saturday September 16
– 2:00 pm – 2:30 pm Packet Pickup pauses as it moves to the start line.
| Start/Finish Line
– 1st Street and Illinois St.
Packet pickup closes 30 minutes before Race Start.
Race Start/Finish: 1st St. and Illinois St., St. Charles (MAP LINK)
Race Day: Saturday September 16
- Kids may run the course unaccompanied. We will have course marshals along the entire route.
- A parent, sibling, or guardian IS permitted to enter the starting corral, run the 1.2 miles and cross the finish line with Fox Valley Kids Marathon Participants.
- If a family member runs with their child during the race, they MUST COMPLETE the entire 1.2 mile course and cross the finish line.
- Our course marshals must ensure ALL participants stay on the course for safety.
- No strollers are allowed on the course to ensure the safety of all participants.
- Only bibbed participants will receive an official Finisher’s Medal.
- Kids are encouraged to wear the Fox Valley Kids Marathon Race Shirt that they received at packet pickup in the race.
- For the safety of the runners, the finish area along 1st St. will be restricted to runners only. Spectators will need to stay behind the barricades so that all runners can finish their race and clear the area for the hundreds of runners finishing behind them.
- After runners cross the finish line, they will need to continue moving north along 1st St., where they will receive their medal, then will immediately exit the restricted finish area into the north end of the Race Village.
- Family and spectators can meet up with their runners in the north end of the Race Village(pink area on map).
- Photographs of smiling runners with their medals can be taken in the Race Village.
If you have any further questions please email email@example.com
26.2 MILES…ONE MILE AT A TIME
Those kids who joined us last year know what it’s all about and had a blast! This year the program will be an even bigger and better experience. There will be more Group Fun Runs, more games and more opportunities to learn and experience the sport of running in a fun supportive environment.
The CASA Kane County Fox Valley KIDS’ Marathon is open to all kids who will be ages 4 through 14 on race day, Saturday, September 16, 2017.
The Fox Valley Marathon is VERY honored and pleased to announce our 2017 Sponsor, CASA KANE COUNTY. CASA Kane County is a nonprofit, volunteer organization that advocates for the best interests of abused and neglected children within the Juvenile Court system. Court Appointed Special Advocate/Guardian volunteers are ordinary people doing extraordinary things to serve over 500 children in our abuse/neglect and probate courts each year. CASA volunteers are everyday citizens appointed by judges to advocate for the safety and well-being of children who have been removed from their homes due to parental abuse and neglect. They stand up for our children and make a difference one child at a time. This is a program that fits in well with our philosophy at the Fox Valley Marathon. We believe that we can make a difference in a child’s health and wellness with participation in our program. One child at a time…..and in our case…running one mile at a time to improved fitness and grow up into a healthy active adult!
See our KIDS’ Marathon Frequently Asked Questions page for complete information.